Feeding India is a not-for-profit social enterprise which aims to connect two major social problems today: hunger and food waste as solutions for each other. We tackle these by channelizing excess food from individuals, weddings, restaurants, and corporate offices to the people who really need it and have no means or access to food. Our belief is that we do not need to create new food to feed the less privileged, but to simply direct the extra food which is already created. We also tackle the problem at its roots, where we encourage people not to waste food at all. The initiative is headed by a core team of working professionals who come from different backgrounds like consulting, marketing, e-commerce, etc.
About the work from home job/internship:
This is a role for the students in university or college to become change leaders in their space.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Identify, convert and retain university/institutional partners to connect and contribute to the cause
2. Assess the benefits of potential partnership opportunities and execute win-win partnership strategies to increase the number of meals served and enhance visibility
3. Work with project coordinators to assist in expanding the network of food donor indifferent in your city
# of jobs/internships available: 10
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for the work from home job/internship
can start the work from home job/internship between 22nd Feb'19 and 25th Mar'19
are available for duration of 4 weeks
have relevant skills and interests
- Should be highly organized, detail oriented, prompt, responsive, efficient and capable of multitasking, thinking ahead, and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Should have strong people skills; ability to work effectively with all employees and all levels of management
The intern has to work on the project independently (minimum of 45 days of internship), post mentorship from the national team.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.