About SPRAT - Society For Promoting Rationality (http://www.sprat.in/):
A national award-winning NGO, SPRAT is committed to promoting rationality and scientific temper, inter-faith harmony, and justice, at large. In our immediate surroundings, we also work to promote adult literacy and empowerment of the impoverished. Blending professionalism with compassion, we work with complete transparency, using contemporary HR and ICT.
We place foremost stress on our manpower, on the quality and the capabilities of our people - professionals, interns, and volunteers. We try to ensure that everybody gets ample opportunity to contribute to their preferred areas and grow. SPRAT is also building a 13kSY residential campus for integrated, digitally powered social services, and a PG academy for public administration and advocacy.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Executing and supervising construction, hiring laborers, interpreting drawings, and liaising with contractors and engineer/architect
2. Overseeing, inspecting and managing all construction related activities
3. Managing resources, producing daily logs of work accomplished, and planning ahead
4. Being present on site (at Matar, Dist. Kheda, Gujarat) every day
What does the intern stand to gain?
1. Interns will learn and participate in administration, documentation, content writing, and production related activities
2. They will be inculcated with organizational skills as well as introduced to modern digital tools such as Office 365
3. They will also be able to develop hobbies like poster design, videography, web design, portfolio composition and much more.
4. Edutainment activities like astronomy workshops, trekking, camping, bird-watching, knowledge meetings, debates, and discussions will further enrich their experience
# of Internships available: 3
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 11th May'19 and 15th Jun'19
are available for duration of 4 months
have relevant skills and interests
1. Immediate job opportunity post-internship.
2. Gaining experience of a construction manager for a large scale, long term project.
3. Diploma holder with considerable experience, responsible nature and hardworking.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer (On successful conversion to a permanent employee, the candidate can expect a salary of Rs. 1 to 2 Lac/annum), Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.