About Pearson India Education Services Private Limited (http://www.pearson.co.in/):
Welcome to Pearson. We have a simple mission to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the world's largest education company, with 40,000 employees in more than 70 countries helping people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives.
We provide a range of education products and services to institutions, governments and directly to individual learners, that help people everywhere, aim higher and fulfill their true potential. Our commitment to them requires a holistic approach to education. It begins by using research to understand what sort of learning works best, it continues by bringing together people and organizations to develop ideas, and it comes back round by measuring the outcomes of our products.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Checking the production and quality control of the assigned projects in Science
2. Ensuring that all elements of a publishing package are prepared, edited, proof-read, and made ready for production to quality, schedule, and cost standards
3. Helping editors in tallying the corrections marked by the author(s) and editor(s)
4. Following-up with vendors for the titles assigned by the production editor
5. Ensuring that the analysis is received from the commissioning editor and ensure to alert them with initial queries in case of any discrepancy
6. Co-ordinating with the in-house content team for the specific title assigned
7. Co-ordinating with production/development editor with the copy editorial queries
# of Internships available: 1
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 4th Feb'19 and 6th Mar'19
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, 5 days a week.