United Nations Volunteers (UNV) is the model UN agency that contributes to peace and development worldwide through volunteerism. UNV believes in volunteerism for development. The concept of volunteerism for development centers on optimizing volunteerism's impact on peace and development. Achieving this, requires the cooperation and commitment of the public sector, civil society, and the private sector with support from the United Nations system and the world community. Individual citizens also have an important role to play through volunteering. Every day, individuals are engaged in development initiatives through volunteer actions, both large and small, in an effort to improve conditions for others and themselves. Volunteerism by many millions of people is critical to achieving the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
About the Internship:
Under the overall supervision of the UN Volunteers in India, the intern will provide support for activities relating to management, communications, and advocacy.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include but not be limited to:
1. Assisting in organizing events
2. Creating marketing materials for the India Online Volunteer Platform
3. Running the UN Campaign as part of UNV Volunteer Advocacy Platform
4. Assisting in running a social media campaign to increase UN Volunteer India's presence on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
5. Other technical and operational assistance appropriate and required by the UN Volunteer India Office
# of Internships available: 2
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 11th Jul'18 and 10th Aug'18
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Should have a bachelor's or master's degree
- Should be fluent in English and Hindi
- Should be medically insured
- Should have experience interning/working in designing marketing/social media collateral
- Should have their own laptop to work
It is a 3-6 month internship starting from July (with a possibility of extension).
Certificate, Informal dress code, 5 days a week.