Smile Foundation is a national level development organization directly benefiting over 4,00,000 children and their families every year, through 158 welfare projects on education, healthcare, livelihood, and women empowerment, in more than 700 remote villages and slums across 25 states of India.
About the Internship:
The Fundraising Intern (FI) will assist with core job functions of the allocated area in Mumbai. The FI intern will be given one project that will be his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising Team.
- Identify new schools/sponsors and maximize fund development opportunities through various events including following up on warm leads, attending events and researching ways to create partnerships with local Schools.
- Create and maintain existing relationships by ensuring effective public relations and communication with existing Schools/Donors to keep them abreast of community events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
# of Internships available: 5
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 28th Dec'18 and 27th Jan'19
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
Junior/Senior working toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Social Science.
Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized and work in a fast-paced environment.
Interns should have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint