About SPRAT - Society For Promoting Rationality (http://www.sprat.in/):
A national award-winning NGO, SPRAT is committed to promoting rationality and scientific temper, inter-faith harmony, and justice, at large. In our immediate surroundings, we also work to promote adult literacy and empowerment of the impoverished. Blending professionalism with compassion, we work with complete transparency, using contemporary HR and ICT.
We place foremost stress on our manpower, on the quality and the capabilities of our people - professionals, interns, and volunteers. We try to ensure that everybody gets ample opportunity to contribute to their preferred areas and grow. SPRAT is also building a 13kSY residential campus for integrated, digitally powered social services, and a PG academy for public administration and advocacy.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include some of the following:
1. Writing content
2. Communicating and speaking in public
3. Managing workshops
4. Engaging in fieldwork and HR
5. Engaging in research and writing reports
6. Mobilizing resources
7. Working on SharePoint sites
8. Working on accounts and finance
9. Working on graphics/animation
10. Working on videos shooting or editing
11. Working on WordPress-PHP and/or MySQL
12. Working on social media development
13. Working on SEO operations
14. Working on event management and coordination
What would the intern learn through this internship?
The selected intern will get practical experience in managerial fields associated with various activities and industry-needed skills, participate in social work, documentation, content writing, and production related activities. They will also get an opportunity to participate in edutaining activities like astronomy/star-gazing workshops, trekking, bird-watching, knowledge meetings, debates, discussions, and so on.
# of Internships available: 8
Skill(s) required: MS-Office, WordPress, Video Editing, Animation, English Proficiency (Spoken) (Learn Business Communication) and English Proficiency (Written)
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 31st Mar'19 and 5th May'19
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Brilliant graduates from any discipline, especially architecture, iTech, engineering, commerce, etc. are welcome to explore several facets of management one by one through one or more short internships
- Candidates with multi-dimensional interests and a flare for social work
- Candidates with prior internship experience and/or excellent written English would be preferred
- Candidates excellent at MS Office and GK and English (or Hindi, or Gujarati, or Urdu)
- The longer the term you opt for, the more we like
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer (On successful conversion to a permanent employee, the candidate can expect a salary of Rs. 1 to 2 Lac/annum), Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.