DaanUtsav (earlier called the Joy of Giving Week) is India's festival of giving. Launched in 2009, the festival is celebrated every year, commencing on Gandhi Jayanti, from October 2 to 8. From autorickshaw drivers to CEOs, school children to celebrities, homemakers to opinion leaders and media personnel, millions of people from all walks of life come together during this week to give their time, money, resources, or skills back to society. They do this by creating or participating in events of their choice.
A giving event could be as simple as a family taking out their maid's children for an ice cream party, or as large as a gift compassion'. The latter is an event that has over 10,000 school children across India making and exchanging gifts with their peers from different socio-economic backgrounds every year.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Ensure that a million people celebrate the festival in Mumbai
2. Conceptualize, design, and implement public events and activity ideas for mass participation in the festival
3. Meet several new organizations/institutions and previous participants, and engage them in DaanUtsav celebrations (this includes corporates (CEOs, CXOs, HR & CSR heads, and managers), schools and colleges (principals and senior teachers), senior government officials (senior police & municipal corporation officers, senior executives in government enterprises, secretaries, directors of government departments)
4. Schedule and help organize volunteer meets, including logistics, keep minutes and follow up on the tasks agreed by volunteers in each city
5. Assist volunteers in the city in helping scale up DaanUtsav participation
6. Brainstorm on new ideas for mass participation
7. Schedule and organize NGO/corporate workshops or such meets to propagate the festival and get larger participation
8. Compile/Create with help, suitable collateral for use- presentations, mailers, documents
9. Post updates on the website, social media and coordinate with local media where required
10. Handle any other task assigned by the mentor or volunteers of the city from time to time
# of Internships available: 1
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 17th Apr'19 and 17th May'19
are available for duration of 6 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Informal dress code.