About Tellmate Helper Private Limited (https://tellmate.in/):
Tellmate is a DIPP recognized startup by the government of India and is a winner of several national & international awards including prestigious MEA - Niti Aayog National Contest on social Innovation awarded by prime minister Narendra Modi as well as featured during Mann Ki Baat event. Tellmate is an accessible mobile app & a standalone wearable vision device in form of glasses which process in-front images of a visually impaired person, convert it to sound and whisper in the ear using hearing aids. Visually impaired using Tellmate will be able to walk around unfamiliar places - to avoid obstacles, to read books, newspaper, hoardings or any text in real-time and focus on getting a much-needed independence.
About part time job/internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Working on microcontroller/microprocessor development boards
2. Designing modules and prototypes and their respective circuits
3. Designing bare metal hardware and PCB fabrication
4. Working on Hardware and logic testing
5. Creating the end to end IoT product
6. Setting up and running IoT product engineering labs
7. Exploring and developing new applications & opportunities with IoT
8. Working with the team to manage, optimize and customize current application and device
9. Creating and maintaining technical documentation
What would an intern learn in this internship?
You will learn new technologies for IoT products and you will be working on an accessibility product for visually impaired people. This internship will give you a chance to learn & improve skills as well as give back your knowledge of the social causes. You might be able to participate and present the company at various events and you will be able to improve your presentation skills as well. You will learn how a Startup works!
# of jobs/internships available: 5
Skill(s) required: SolidWorks, Embedded Systems, Circuit Design, Internet of Things (IoT), EAGLE, Proteus Design Suite and Rapid Prototyping
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for the part time job/internship
can start the part time job/internship between 12th Jul'18 and 16th Aug'18
are available for duration of 4 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer, Flexible work hours, Informal dress code.