The Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) is a multidisciplinary research laboratory in Lucknow, India, employing scientific personnel from various areas of biomedical sciences. It is one of the first laboratories to be established in India right after its independence. CDRI is among the thirty-nine laboratories that are functioning under the aegis of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India. CDRI was formally inaugurated on 17 February 1951 by the then prime minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
About the work from home job/internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Look at genomes of all members of homo genus and related greater apes, such as pan genus and systematically evaluate genes involved in ETC, energy generation, carbohydrate, protein, and fatty acid metabolism, oxidative and ionic stress plus signaling
2. Compare parts of genes and gene networks under different selection pressures
3. Find hypermutable regions
4. Compare promoter, regulator, small RNA for all these genes too
5. Do the structure prediction of all these genes based on sequence and compare
# of jobs/internships available: 20
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for the work from home job/internship
can start the work from home job/internship between 21st Apr'19 and 21st May'19
are available for duration of 6 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours, 5 days a week.