RRCAT offers opportunities to the students pursuing a degree in science and engineering from recognized institutions in India for carrying out project work towards partial fulfillment of their degree. The period for the summer projects will be from 10th June to 9th December.
About Raja Ramanna Centre For Advanced Technology (http://www.rrcat.gov.in/):
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology is a unit of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, engaged in R&D in non-nuclear frontline research areas of lasers, particle accelerators, and related technologies.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include carrying out the project individually under the guidance of a scientist/engineer. The project would be based on the interest of students like physics, chemistry, electronics, biotechnology, information technology, etc.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 6 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Should be M.Phil. in physics, chemistry, electronics, computer science, biochemistry, biophysics, and life science
- Should be M.Sc. in biochemistry, life sciences, biotechnology and microbiology
- Should be M.E. and M.Tech. in electronics, electronics, and instrumentations, electronics, and communications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, information technology, mechanical engineering, materials science, metallurgical engineering, and optoelectronics
- M. Phil. students of final year are eligible to apply for a minimum period of six months
- M.E. and M. Tech. students of final year are eligible to apply for a minimum period of six months
Financial Assistance: Post-graduate students selected for project work are eligible for financial assistance, which includes: (i) monthly stipend of Rs. 1000/- for the duration of project work, (ii) reimbursement of 'to and fro' second-class railway fair, from the place of study to Indore or ordinary bus fare, and (iii) free accommodation may be provided in RRCAT Guest House, subject to its availability. Financial Assistance is given, provided the student is not getting a stipend, scholarship etc. from any other source. This must be certified by the Head of Department/Institution.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.