Recognized as the flagship program of the SBI Foundation, it is a 13-month long fellowship that enables the nation's youth to work on rural development projects in partnership with experienced NGOs.
State Bank of India is a multinational banking and financial services company based in India. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About the Internship:
The fellowship provides a framework for India's best minds to join hands with rural communities, empathize with their struggles and connect with their aspirations.
The Program seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
1. Providing educated and passionate urban Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India
2. Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development
3. Promoting a forum for the Program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life
Our fellows either implement a new project in one of the 12 thematic program areas or continue an alumni's project, if feasible. The project selection is done on the basis of their interest and skill set.
The projects will be located at Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, among others. To encourage people to explore the Indian diversity, we follow a strict no home state' policy. The staff of our partner NGO will be there to help you solve any problems in settling in that you might face including the language barrier.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
have relevant skills and interests
- Young professionals or fresh graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen/OCI
1. Interns will be given a stipend of Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses, local transport allowance: Rs1,000/- per month, and a readjustment allowance of Rs 40,000/- upon successful completion of the fellowship. To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes.
2. Interns will be given medical insurance.
3. Interns will be gain mentorship by experienced professionals in the field.
4. Interns will be given access to the community through well-established partner NGOs and linkages with premier organizations of the country.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.