The internship is in the social media section of the news and media division of the Department of Global Communications. The section is responsible for social media activities of the Department of Global Communications and the integration of social media platforms, including social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and YouTube, which are critical components of the department's communications.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 and committed to maintaining international peace and security; developing friendly relations among nations; promoting social progress, better living standards and human rights.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Research, compile, draft and edit basic information in Hindi for use in the preparation and production of social media content for the Hindi language accounts, often under tight deadlines
2. Monitor and analyze statistics related to social media content
3. Attend meetings as an observer
4. Manage meeting agendas and draft meeting notes
5. Participate in organizing and setting up for special events organized by the department (film screenings, concerts, exhibits, etc.) as necessary
6. Assist with special projects as assigned
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Knowledge in using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Familiarity with and/or interest in taking digital photographs
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, FinalCut Pro or Adobe Photoshop (or other graphic design programmes) is an advantage
- Applicants must: (a) be enrolled in a communications, information science, computer science, information systems, media studies, journalism, or related field graduate programme; or (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a communications, information science, computer science, information systems, media studies, journalism, or related field bachelor's degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree in communications, information science, computer science, information systems, media studies, journalism, or related field (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation
- Be computer literate in standard word processing and spreadsheets software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel or similar
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include the willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. Students are requested to go through the details on the organization website before applying. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please write to 'email@example.com'