The USP Summer Internship Program offers students of scientific and business operational disciplines the fulfilling opportunity to spend 12 weeks at USP working on a defined project that expands and enhances USP's core strategic initiatives. Selected applicants will work onsite at USP’s US headquarters in Rockville, Maryland from May 28 through August 16, 2019.
About United States Pharmacopeial Convention (https://usp.jobs/):
For nearly 200 years, USP has committed itself to continuously improving public health. Today, this means you’ll work in state-of-the-art facilities—collaborating with many of the world’s leading experts from the pharmaceuticals industry, academia, healthcare, and government to stay on the edge of innovation.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Enhance appreciation and understanding of USP's activities in standards-setting, core compendial activities, and global public health
2. Work on gaining advance scientific and/or practice knowledge
3. Contribute to USP's research and standards knowledge base in a tangible way
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Undergraduate juniors, or seniors and graduate students majoring in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or pharmacy are eligible for scientific roles
- Other majors will be considered for business operational internships
- Must have completed basic chemistry courses, including quantitative chemical analysis
- Applicants must demonstrate self-motivation, independent work habits, excellent oral and written communication skills, computer competence, and an ability to apply education and experience to their work
Compensation: Participants receive an hourly rate for each hour worked. Interns are responsible for travel, housing, and living expenses.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.