Gratitude Farms is an agritech social business that specializes in organic farming and aquaponics. We have the first commercial aquaponics farm in Pondicherry. We work with retired soldiers to train them in organic farming and then market their produce in Pondicherry, with aims to expand our sales to Chennai and Bangalore in the next few months. We have also set-up an organic farming and aquaponics center of excellence for short and long training, urban rooftop organic gardening workshops, student workshops, etc. with an aim of spreading the knowledge of organic farming far and wide.
One of the key focus areas of our organization is to create awareness on the benefits of organic food and the solutions to shift to organic food in an urban setting. Besides knowledge sharing through workshops, Gratitude Farms aspires to be a provider of premium services for urban gardening, particularly designing, setting up and managing rooftop organic gardens for customers in and around Pondicherry.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Using creativity to create harmonious, aesthetic, and functional urban organic rooftop garden designs
2. Planning the finished product, tying in new features with current ones, and sketching it to scale
3. Drawing and sketching models of rooftop gardens both by hand and using software
4. Working closely under the guidance of horticulture specialists on the setup - choosing, planning, setting up and management of plants)
5. Performing site analyses that include assessment of architectural design, lighting, view, etc.
6. Communicating with clients and other types of workers on the design concept and execution
7. Making presentations to discuss the project, with charts, sketches, etc.
8. Reviewing plans and proposed designs
9. Overseeing the progress of the projects and ensuring that it is going according to the plan
10. Maintaining records of designs, reports, documents, and communications
# of Internships available: 1
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 13th Mar'19 and 12th Apr'19
are available for duration of 6 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours, Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.