For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Incorporation has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy, and natural resource assets.
With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - construction industries, resource industries, and energy & transportation. We also provide financing and related services through our financial products segment.
1. Work with onsite packaging engineers to identify potential packaging cost reduction project ideas
2. Support onsite packaging engineers on special projects that are underway - standard leasable container program, development of optimal or least cost packaging solution for new and unique parts
3. Develop packaging that should cost model to determine estimated packaging costs for parts
4. Define latest packaging material testing methodologies & protocols and sources of testing labs or centres
5. Work with packaging material suppliers to understand technical specifications for optimizing packaging solution for caterpillar parts
6. Develop engineering drawings for new package designs as required utilizing company CAD system, and conduct design reviews with extended packaging team
7. Maintain complete records of package design and development activities, test data, and other pertinent