The Undergraduate Research Program (URP) at CSHL provides an opportunity for undergraduate scientists from around the world to conduct first-rate research. Students learn the scientific process, technical methods and theoretical principles, and communicate their discoveries to other scientists.
Founded in 1890, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory has shaped contemporary biomedical research and education with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. Home to eight Nobel Prize winners, the private, not-for-profit laboratory employs 1,100 people including 600 scientists, students and technicians. The Meetings & Courses Program hosts more than 12,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campuses in Long Island and in Suzhou, China. The Laboratory's education arm also includes an academic publishing house, a graduate school and programs for middle and high school students and teachers.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Conduct research on molecular biology & cancer, genetics & genomics, neuroscience, plant biology, and quantitative biology
2. Attend workshops, seminars and collegial events related to particular skills, such as Python programming, research topics, responsible conduct of research, and career development
3. Present their research to the entire CSHL community
# of Internships available: 20
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Current sophomores and juniors are eligible
- Should have a strong academic background in a science
- If your academic semester conflicts with the dates of the URP program, you are still eligible to apply. If you are accepted into the program, we will discuss how your academic schedule can be accommodated
All room & board expenses will be covered. Travel costs are not reimbursed.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.