The Robotics Institute Summer Scholars (RISS) Program is an intensive summer research program for talented undergraduate students. Summer Scholars have the opportunity to participate in state-of-the-art research projects, interact with a diverse research team, and to be mentored by leading faculty and technical staff.
Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie as the Carnegie Technical Schools, the university became the Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1912 and began granting four-year degrees. In 1967, the Carnegie Institute of Technology merged with the Mellon Institute of Industrial Research to form Carnegie Mellon University.
About the Internship:
The selected intern(s) will work on following during the internship:
- The Robotics Institute Summer Scholars program at Carnegie Mellon University provides funded, high-quality robotics summer undergraduate research experiences, offers robust student-development programming, and provides gateways to graduate school and career opportunities in robotics.
- Experience hands-on robotics research with cutting edge technologies and innovative projects this summer
- The faculty and staff members at the Robotics Institute working will guide you through the research process.
- The Program equips you with essential skills and knowledge so you are better prepared to seize industry and graduate school opportunities.
- Work on projects with real impact in critical societal challenges such as quality of life technologies, agriculture, mining, manufacturing, climate science, etc.
- Share your research results via poster sessions, public presentations, and the Web. Learn about graduate school opportunities at the Robotics Institute.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship.
are available for duration of 3 months (preferred, not mandatory).
are pursuing any degree but have relevant skills and interest.
are currently in any year of study or are recent graduates.
- Skill(s) required: Robotics
- The internship duration is 11 weeks.
- The stipend is not mentioned in the form.
- The candidate has to create an account on their site to apply for this opportunity.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.
This internship was shared by Kundan Kumar from SSEC (on 12/2/2016 21:55:24) and with this he wins a prize in Share an Internship – win exciting prizes! contest. Congratulations! Keep the good work up!
You can also share meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the Share an Internship Contest
for more details.