The current global blood shortage of approximately 40 million units every year, focused primarily in developing countries, is making these conditions difficult to address. More than half of the 108 million blood donations collected worldwide every year come from developed countries where only 18 percent of the world's population lives, leaving 82 percent of the world with a lack of blood they may need for various medical treatments. Blood donations only remain viable for transfusion for 35 to 42 days, meaning that without a constant stream of donors, the blood supply begins to dwindle. In India alone, 12 million units of blood are needed per year, but only 9 million are donated, coming from only one percent of eligible donors. To cater to this demand, Khoon was launched on 11th September 2016 with an unparalleled objective of solving the problem of blood shortage globally.
About the work from home job/internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Maintain founder's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
2. Complete projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results
3. Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
4. Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
5. Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
6. Maintain founder's diary, plan/schedule meeting agenda and tele/video conferences
# of jobs/internships available: 1
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for the work from home job/internship
can start the work from home job/internship between 21st Mar'19 and 20th Apr'19
are available for duration of 4 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours, Informal dress code, 5 days a week, Free snacks & beverages.