TGG Foundation (TGGFCT), a CSR initiative of The Golden Greens, is a rural development charity working in Wayanad, Kerala. The foundation is focused on creating livelihood opportunities for women and youth in rural areas. Our vision - "Make the world a better place to live". Our mission - we imagine a world of healthy and empowered communities that sustain, manage, and distribute their resources equitably without harming the ecological biodiversity whilst also ensuring natural resources for current and future generations. Our activities - TGGFCT is engaged in various rural development projects such as sustainable farming, social enterprises, stakeholder engagement through the creation of self-help groups, women empowerment projects, etc.
About the Internship:
One week (7 days) orientation program at The Green Gardens farm (located 6.5 km away from the office complex) to study Sustainable Living Practice. It is a live opportunity for the students to experience and practice sustainability at a farm maintained ethically by TGG Foundation since 2014. Accommodation and food are offered on subsidized rates for all interns and research students here. The students will also sponsor & plant a tree at the biodiversity zone and will maintain it during their stay. Sustainable living practice is the foundation program for the internship/research project.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Cleaning and managing the livestock along with the members of SHG (Navajyothi-Kerala)
2. Helping the women involved in harvesting the crop according to the season (including tea, coffee, pepper, etc.)
3. Working alongside women's Self Help Group involved in processing the farm products
4. Creating new revenue verticals for self-sustainability of the farm
5. Getting involved in research-based work such as organic soap making, essential oil extractions, etc.
6. Creating various kinds of bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides
7. Engaging nature lovers to enhance their experience
# of Internships available: 3
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 27th Jun'18 and 1st Aug'18
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
During the remaining 53 days of internship, students are provided with shared accommodation and vegetarian food at the office complex free of cost by TGG Foundation.
Certificate, Informal dress code.