Shikhya, a flagship e-learning program of Aveti Learning Limited provides supplemental educational resources for students in grade 1 to 10. Through our initiative, we intend to bring world-class education to rural and less privileged India. With the help of our partners, we are running 64 Shikhya e-learning centers in eastern India catering to 4000+ students.
We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. We encourage innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day. Founded in 2017, Aveti is privately owned and headquartered in Bhubaneshwar, India. Our team members are located primarily in Bhubaneswar, India with many remote workers around the US and the world.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Generate well-researched, high quality, persuasive, and engaging science content in Odia (video, exercise, articles) by ideating inputs and ideas
2. Verify the accuracy and credibility of the information
3. Source real-world images and video clips online to convey ideas
4. Collaborate closely with a designer to create custom diagrams, animations, and photoshopped imagery to supplement real-world imagery
# of Internships available: 2
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 11th Feb'19 and 13th Mar'19
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Strong command of the science content covered in classes 5-10
- Experience teaching science in classes 5-10, formally or informally
- Impeccable written communication skills in Odia and English
- Familiarity with common curricula and teaching methods
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and non-hierarchical team
- Ability to give as well as receive constructive feedback
- Computer skills (fluent with Microsoft Office software) and a willingness to learn new tools
- Passion for education & a desire to make a difference
- High energy, positive attitude, and team orientation
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer, Flexible work hours, Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.