About SPRAT - Society For Promoting Rationality (http://www.sprat.in/):
A national award-winning NGO, SPRAT is committed to promoting rationality and scientific temper, inter-faith harmony, and justice, at large. In our immediate surroundings, we also work to promote adult literacy and empowerment of the impoverished. Blending professionalism with compassion, we work with complete transparency, using contemporary HR and ICT.
We place foremost stress on our manpower, on the quality and the capabilities of our people - professionals, interns, and volunteers. We try to ensure that everybody gets ample opportunity to contribute to their preferred areas and grow. SPRAT is also building a 13kSY residential campus for integrated, digitally powered social services, and a PG academy for public administration and advocacy.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day may responsibilities include some of these:
1. Assisting the president (an accomplished writer, orator, a former CEO, and management consultant) in writing an English book on the need for Muslims to introspect and reform
2. Utilizing the nuances of the English language and the intricacies of book publishing to proofread, edit, and conduct research on related topics
3. Working on data analysis, verification, charting, tabulating, documentation, discussions, and the power use of MS Word and Excel
4. Providing content for SPRAT's various websites/portals/projects and programs
5. Creating content for blogs, video scripts, brochures, presentations, etc.
6. Creating crisp content for social posters and pamphlets
7. Documenting, writing reports, fundraising proposals, etc.
What would intern learn in this internship?
1. Learn the art and techniques of book writing and publishing
2. Learn the power use of Word and Excel
3. Learn the nuances of English and precision writing
# of Internships available: 3
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 11th May'19 and 10th Jun'19
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Candidates with functional knowledge of economics, sociology, and global political issues and their broad ramifications for the Muslim world are particularly welcome
- Should be good at Word and preferably at Excel also
- candidates who are graduates and postgraduates from any decent institution and a-grade institutions would be preferred
SPRAT offers various internships. But please note that SPRAT's Internship is not any holiday tourism, nor 10 to 6 mundane professionalism. It is more like 24x7 engagement, ashram-like, all the time involving learning, sharing, & caring. You are expected to work hard, systematically, with humility, passion, and confidence, but with the fullest liberty to question and learn. While productivity is emphasized learning and working are made great fun and lively. It would help if you are nocturnal (no knowledge of Islamic theology, nor of prior publishing nor of publishing techniques is demanded).
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer (On successful conversion to a permanent employee, the candidate can expect a salary of Rs. 1 to 2 Lac/annum), Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.