Carnegie Mellon University invites applications from students for the Robotics Institute Summer Scholars (RISS) Program to participate in state-of-the-art research projects, interact with a diverse research team, and to be mentored by leading faculty and technical staff.
A private, global research university, Carnegie Mellon stands among the world's most renowned educational institutions and sets its own course. With cutting-edge brain science, path-breaking performances, innovative start-ups, driverless cars, big data, big ambitions, Nobel and Turing prizes, hands-on learning, and a whole lot of robots, CMU doesn't imagine the future, we create it.
About the Internship:
Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute Summer Scholars (RISS) program is an eleven-week summer (June 1 to mid-August) undergraduate research program that immerses a diverse cohort of scholars in cutting-edge robotics projects that drive innovation and have real-world impact. Launched in 2006, RISS is among the best and most comprehensive robotics research programs for undergraduates in the world.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Work on projects with real impact on critical societal challenges such as quality of life technologies, agriculture, mining, manufacturing, climate science, etc.
2. Share your research results via poster sessions, public presentations, and the WebExplore innovative robotics technologies and applications
3. Be a part of cutting-edge research
4. Present research results to multiple audiences
5. Get published
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Undergraduate students from both US and international institutions are eligible to apply
This is a paid internship. However, the exact stipend is not mentioned.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. Students are requested to go through the details on the organization website before applying. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please write to 'email@example.com'