IISER Pune invites applications from research-oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2019.
About Indian Institute Of Science Education And Research (IISER) Pune (http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/):
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. As a unique initiative in science education in India, IISER aims to be a Science University of the highest caliber devoted to both teaching and research in a totally integrated manner, with state-of-the-art research and high-quality education, thus nurturing both curiosity and creativity.
About the Internship:
The selected intern(s) will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and Earth sciences with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D.) for future career choice.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 4 weeks
have relevant skills and interests
- Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent or 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent
- Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular stream(s) of interest
1. IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free) room in the students' hostel. However, we are unable to provide any financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month).
2. The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
3. The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the students by March 31st.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. Students are requested to go through the details on the organization website before applying. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please write to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'