ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences offers the opportunity to accomplish final degree projects/Masters’ theses or to participate in a research stay, fostering the students’ education and research training.
About Institute Of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) (http://www.icfo.eu/):
The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is a center based in the Mediterranean Technology Park, in the Barcelona metropolitan area (Spain), devoted to research and education at the highest international level.
About the Internship:
The program aims at an early exposure to frontier science and research, as well as at the early support of outstanding students to experience first-hand the excitement and challenges posed by research projects within the variety of research topics active at ICFO.
Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups in the following research topics:
1. Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
2. Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
3. Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
4. Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
5. Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
6. Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
Selected students will participate in ICFO's rich scientific life, benefit from the experience of ICFO researchers, cutting edge facilities, industrial projects, the institute's stimulating and interdisciplinary environment, and as receive high-level training as well as extensive admin and tech support. They will collaborate with scientists on research assignments tailored from available projects at ICFO, and will also acquire skills for communicating their research results.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 3 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Must be enrolled/registered to an undergraduate or master's program during the period of the internship at ICFO
- Eligible areas include, but are not limited to, physics, engineering, chemistry, mathematics, and biology
Eligible travel expenses are also covered.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.