Raman Research Institute invites applications from undergraduate and masters students for The Visiting Student Programme.
The Raman Research Institute was founded in 1948 by the Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate, Sir C V Raman, to continue his studies and basic research after he retired from the Indian Institute of Science. Sir C V Raman served as its director carrying on his personal research until his demise in 1970. It was funded personally by him and with donations from private sources.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with at least one staff member of the Institute on a suitable project, or on a part of a project, as appropriate.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 4 weeks
have relevant skills and interests
- Students within 1 or 2 years of the end of their undergraduate science or engineering degrees, or masters in science of engineering, and in particular those students with the intention of pursuing research as a career, are encouraged to apply
- Students from Bangalore colleges, who are keen to work on part-time basis for acquiring research experience at RRI, will also be considered
1. The VSP programme at the Raman Research Institute runs throughout the year
2. The duration may range, on a case-by-case basis, anywhere between 4-weeks to 6-months
3. Out-station students joining this programme on a full time basis will be offered: a) Sleeper-class train fare to Bangalore from their place of stay, and also the return fare, for a single person; b) A consolidated stipend of Rs.13,000 (Rupees thirteen thousand only) per month to cover local expenses
4. Students will have to make their own arrangements for accommodation
5. Students from Bangalore will be offered the above allowance if they are part of this programme on a full-time basis. If they work on part-time basis (at least two days in a week) as part of this programme, a support of Rs. 1000 per week will be given
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.