TIGP invites outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
In 2002, Dr. Sunney I. Chan, former Vice President of Academia Sinica, with the support of former Academia Sinica President Dr. Yuan Tseh Lee, and former Minister of Education Dr. Ovid J.-L. Tzeng sowed the first seeds of the TIGP program in Academia Sinica. The program was established to cultivate interdisciplinary research, and enhance Taiwan's visibility in the world's academic arena.
About the Internship:
This program typically takes place during July and August. However, the dates can be changed by the host PI upon request. Ideally, the qualified intern will be hosted by the PI of his or her choice. At the end of the internship, interns are required to submit a report and/or give a presentation about their research projects. Upon completion of each intern's project, an evaluation report will be filed by the host scientist, which may later serve as a supportive document towards application for admission to TIGP. There are 12 programs offered by TIGP Internship:
1. Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
2. Molecular Science and Technology
3. Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
5. Molecular and Cell Biology
6. Nano Science and Technology
7. Molecular Medicine
8. Earth System Science
10. Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
11. Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
12. Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2020 (or students who will have been conferred a B.S. M.S. dual degree by August 2020)
- Students pursuing a Master's degree and holding a B.S. degree
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master's degree (student's pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again
1. The exact number of openings are not mentioned in the official post.
2. Half of the cheapest round-way airfare at an economy class of the batch will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.