About Tata Institute Of Social Sciences (http://tiss.edu):
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the institute when it was declared deemed to be a university under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
TISS has been to be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred, ecologically sustainable and just society that promotes and protects the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Carrying out research and conduct a baseline survey to understand the magnitude of socio-economic impact on the community in the mining-affected villages
2. Reporting to research associates
3. Supporting the activities of investigators and coordinators
4. Maintaining documentation for data collection, processing, analysis, and reporting
5. Maintaining a log of issues faced during the survey and or/reporting so results can be replicated/verified
6. Thinking creatively about ways to present results for data based decision making and presenting data to help decision makers interpret results for action
# of Internships available: 400
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 2nd Jul'18 and 1st Aug'18
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Additional stipend details: Incentives will be given on the basis of the number of surveys conducted and may range up to Rs 9000
- Should have prior exposure for conducting a survey
- Should have good written, and verbal communication skills in Gujarati and English and must demonstrate soft skills while working with people and administrators at all levels
- Graduate or postgraduate (either completed or enrolled for the post-graduate programme), preferably, in social entrepreneurship/social work/economics/agriculture/development/health sector/education/livelihood/management/anthropology/law graduate will be preferred
- Postgraduate in other subjects with an inclination towards development sector work will also be considered
- Must have the ability to clearly articulate his/her views in both written form and through presentations
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of commitment and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have a good understanding of social & political issues
- Must have good computer skills: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and internet
- Must have good reading and writing skills
Stipend structure: This is a performance based internship. In addition to the minimum assured stipend, you will be paid 9000 on every Numbers Of Survey that you make or deliver.
The candidate will be based in Gujarat and will have to travel extensively across the state in mining-affected villages.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Informal dress code.