The John Innes Centre, The Sainsbury Laboratory and The Genome Analysis Centre provide UK and non-UK students the unique opportunity to spend the summer on their research programme in plant, microbial and computational biology.
JIC is an independent, international centre of excellence in plant science and microbiology. Its mission is to carry out fundamental and strategic research, to train scientists and to make its findings available to society.
The scientific research at the Centre makes use of a wide range of disciplines in the biological and chemical sciences, including microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry, genetics, molecular biology, computational and mathematical biology.
About the Internship:
This is an 8-weeks long all expenses paid research training which follows an interdisciplinary research programme of training, research, talks, seminars and weekly social events with a group of like-minded young scientists. Selected interns will carry out research in a world-leading institute and work with internationally recognized scientists and gain new skills and laboratory experience.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Researching on plant and microbial science
2. Interacting with some of our world-leading scientists
3. Gaining an unrivaled insight into research, for your future career
One afternoon each week is dedicated to training events that cover activities such as science communication, computer programming, field studies, advanced presentation skills, and discussions with students from previous years about career development.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
Our International Undergraduate Summer School includes;
1. Free accommodation in your own en-suite room with a shared kitchen.
2. A programme of training, research, seminars, workshops, and social events.
3. Be part of a world-renowned scientist's laboratory and contribute to their research.
4. Experience life in a world-leading scientific institute across a variety of biological and chemical sciences; including microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and computational and mathematical biology.
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.