About SPRAT - Society For Promoting Rationality (http://www.sprat.in/):
A national award-winning NGO, SPRAT is committed to promoting rationality and scientific temper, inter-faith harmony, and justice, at large. In our immediate surroundings, we also work to promote adult literacy and empowerment of the impoverished. Blending professionalism with compassion, we work with complete transparency, using contemporary HR and ICT.
We place foremost stress on our manpower, on the quality and the capabilities of our people - professionals, interns, and volunteers. We try to ensure that everybody gets ample opportunity to contribute to their preferred areas and grow. SPRAT is also building a 13kSY residential campus for integrated, digitally powered social services, and a PG academy for public administration and advocacy.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include some of these:
1. Making short videos, whiteboard or animation films/presentations, educational content and similar presentations on rationality, popular science, and a wide variety of burning current socio-cultural issues
2. Scripting, shooting, and editing videos on a range of social issues and preparing biopics of the humane achievers of Gujarat
3. Developing promotional and digital marketing material
4. Making video tutorials (short/animated) to teach basic mathematics, Gujarati, English, or Hindi
What would the intern learn through this internship?
1. The interns will harness their creative liberties and also get an opportunity to explore their own fields of interest synergistic with our objectives
2. They will also get to participate in edutaining activities like astronomy/star-gazing workshops, trekking, bird-watching, knowledge meetings, debates, discussions and so on
# of Internships available: 3
Skill(s) required: Video Editing, Final Cut Pro, 3ds Max, Photography, Video Making and Adobe After Effects
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
are available for full time (in-office) internship
can start the internship between 11th May'19 and 10th Jun'19
are available for duration of 2 months
have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Brilliant graduates/post graduates from any discipline are welcome to apply
- Preference to those with good English, and those having any prior internship experience in the field would be preferred, too
- Candidates that have their own camera and other equipment or can arrange the same, or are able to shoot on mobile phones
- Preference will be given to those who are multi-disciplinary and multi-tasking
If you are a resident of Ahmedabad, you will be provided with conveyance cost and lunch.
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Job offer (On successful conversion to a permanent employee, the candidate can expect a salary of Rs. 1 to 2 Lac/annum), Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.